Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Ceramic Dynamics



I was on the road with my family in Bicol, Albay and we just came from a visit at a waterfall hidden in the mountains. On our way to a place we could eat my Aunt asked me if I wanted to visit The Philippine Ceramics Arts and Crafts Center, I couldn't pass on that because I've always wanted to photograph pottery and even try it myself since I think its a technique driven art that is such a different discipline from all the other arts. This ceramic center is located at Brgy. Putsan in Tiwi, Albay.






The visit was short but amazing I was kinda in awe of how they shape and form the pots and it looks so easy, but I've tried it, and its definitely harder than it looks. the place isn't boring at all because you feel a sense of community upon arriving, when we went here some workers are singing karaoke and everybody looked like they were enjoying themselves. When I asked them if I could try they said to go for it, one of them guided me but I still ended up with ugly looking pots. They let me have the ones I made free of charge, So I went home and let my poorly made pot dry out in the sun and let my aunt plant something on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment